I had a goal to make some "simple" beads to compliment all the ornate beads that I have already made. The goal was to create a set of one color beads that I could put in creations and give the eye a place to rest.
I made four red beads, but only three survived.
The red beads are disc shaped.
The two blue beads are more rounded,
and the yellow beads have a wider disc shape.
Then, I moved on to create a striped disc bead. It was fun to create and I would like to do some more. I think (if I can keep the bead release from getting on the bead) these will be great to use as a sideways element.
Then, it was time to have some fun. I added some green stringer to this yellow barrel bead. Then I started to play with dots.
My daughter said it reminds her of a clown fish.
I also wanted to find out what would happen if I tried to make a striped bead with two colors. I think it worked out pretty well.
Now, I am starting to play with putting some of the beads together. This is a choker that I found at a bead shop over the weekend.
Today, I went and bought a lot more glass. Tomorrow, hopefully I can get back to my torch and make another batch.