Monday, May 10, 2010

Bangles & Bracelets


May is
Bracelet Month
at Bouncing Wolf Creations

I have been hard a work creating a selection of beaded decorations for your wrist.  I love to make cuff-style bracelets.  In fact, the wider the better!  Isn't that strange, because I have very small wrists.  But rest assured, I have taken that into account with my creations.  I have asked fellow designers and fellow beaders for input on length for these cuffs.  Each one has instructions to help you adjust the size to fit your wrist or the wrist of the person that you might make one for.



As many of you know, my totem animal is the Wolf.  I have a strong attachment to wolves and dogs of almost any breed.  So making jewelry with any symbol that has to do with the beautiful, loyal animals is truely a "work of heart" for me.

My bangle bracelet series comes from my desire to do something different all the time.  I have a hard time doing things over and over again.  I like variety and change, so I decided to change my usual cuffs into a bangle.  I tried several different materials to stiffen the beadwork into the bangle shape.  I finally settled on a plastic tubing material.  My patterns give the complete instructions for choosing the material and finishing the bangles, so I won't bore you with it here.



But, I could not resist also creating a cuff/style bracelet from the same motif.  This pattern also includes the instructions for making the toggle bead and the loop.  It also has information to help you customize the size to fit your wrist.


Butterfly Bangle

This bangle is inspired by my beautiful daughter.  Her native name is "Barefoot Butterfly".  She is a fancy shawl dancer, and she hates to wear shoes, even in the snow.  She loves anything with butterflies, so she spurs me on to create anything with butterflies.  She helped me to test the size on the bangles, so I dedicate this piece to her.  This pattern should be up on Tuesday morning.


Bear's Paw Cuff

Bears can be found on almost every continent.  They are well respected everywhere, especially in North America where the native people they were once human.  The Great Mystery is also believed to live in the spirit of the bear.  (I should have this pattern ready by the end of the week)

Striped Bangle

For my next design, I decided to work in color that I LOVE.  Purple is my color!!  And yellow and green are the two colors that I like to put with my purples.  I hope you like this one as much as I do.  (This pattern should be ready to post by Tuesday 5/18)

I have serveral other ideas in the works, but no photos yet to share.  Keep your eyes open for "Rose Trellis Bangle" and "Hearts Afire Bangle" coming later this month.

Thanks for taking time to bounce by my little corner of the world.  And thanks for letting me share my new ideas with each of you.

Blessings,
Beth "Bouncing Wolf" Rudy

Native-style beadweaving patterns are availiable at:



2 comments:

Total Pageviews