Thursday, May 12, 2011

Variations

 

A good idea is just that—a good idea!  ‘Till you do something with it.  Inspiration strikes and I love to run with it.  I love a challenge.  I love the feeling of accomplishment that comes with creating.

As you know, my latest obsession is Dog Collars.  I have done 12 different patterns.  Each pattern can be used to create a custom length collar for your fur-baby.  However, I noticed that one thing was missing.  Each pattern was designed to only one width of collar.

So, my latest challenge is to adapt the patterns to fit the other sizes.

The first one that I completed is a narrow version of “Gabe”.  If you remember, “Gabe” was designed for a three-year-old Golden Retriever.  It was done on a 1 inch wide leather collar.

  002

About a week ago, I had a friend ask me if I could make this collar to fit a Chihuahua.  After doing some research on the breed and having her get a measurement of the dog, I created this:

004

This version fits the 3/8 inch nylon collar that will adjust to fit the 9 inch diameter of this puppy’s neck.

I have been working on variations of my other patterns too.  So if you see something you like on my Dog Collars page, but the width isn’t want you are looking for, please send me an e-mail and I will get a version ready for you.

Blessings,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews