Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Update!

Life has been a bit crazy at my house this week.  My 8-month-old Golden Retriever, Tanner, has had an upset tummy.  My 18-year-old daughter, Meg, has also been dealing with some dehydration and exhaustion.  And my husband has been dealing with some ongoing health issues.  And I have been busy taking care of all of them.

It hasn’t left a lot of time for beading.  But I wanted to do a “thank you” gift for a friend who watched Tanner last monday so that I could go to an amusement park with my family. 

My friend, Doug, has a Boston Terrier pup.  She is a bit younger than Tanner, but not much.  I looked her up on my “collar sizes chart” and they suggested a 15 to 18 inch collar.  So I started there.

stormy

I knew that I wanted to put her name on it too.  And this is what I came up with for that part.

For a motif, I chose:

stormy2

Lightening Bolts

And for my pattern model:

stormy3

I thought this little guy looked cute.

I named the pattern “Stormy – A Lightening Bolt Dog Collar Motif”

Well the gift is wrapped now and ready to be given.  Hopefully tomorrow I can post a photo of the collar on Stormy!

Operation Baby Spoon Update

I have also been working on the Baby Spoon project as time allows.  Here is what I have done so far.

008

I like the look of the piece, but before I write up the instructions, I want to try a sample with tablecloth vinyl and a non-water soluble glue.  I’ll keep you posted on my progress.

Blessings,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews