Monday, August 15, 2011

A New Project

 

Today, I got to go out to lunch with my dear “sister” and my beautiful daughter.  We enjoyed a great meal of Chinese food, and then we headed across the plaza to check out the local Thrift Shop!   This is something that the three of us love to do.  It is like going on a huge treasure hunt.  And boy, did I find treasure today.

IMG_0669

I found this beautiful, lined leather blazer.  At a bargain price of $10.99.  The zipper is in perfect shape, the lining is impecable and it fit me to a “T”.  The only problem is:

IMG_0670

Both cuffs appear to have some sort of a tape like residue on them.

IMG_0671

But, instead of seeing this as a problem, I am seeing it as a project.  I have some beadwork in mind to cover this and create a one-of-a-kind piece. 

I hope to start the beadwork tonight or tomorrow.  I’ll keep you posted.

Blessings,

Beth

1 comment:

  1. I just knew you would fix it up with a bead design. Let us see it when you finish. Candy

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews