Monday, January 2, 2012

New Year, New Goals

First, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year!  I heard someone say recently that the only difference between 11:59 pm on 12/31 and 12:00 am on 1/1 is one minute.  These minutes happen every day, all day long.  It is us who are different.  Some of us just choose this time to make a change.

I had a very long, sometimes painful year last year.  I didn’t do a lot of beadwork, or knitting or quilting.  I did a lot of baking.  I didn’t post to this blog regularly, but I did try really hard to keep up with my puppy’s blog “Tanner Trains the Family”.

I changed, as a person during 2011.  And I must say, I think I am better for the experience.

I am not one to make Resolutions.  These are just promises that are easily broken. 

I set Goals and spend the year chasing and achieving them.

So, you may ask, what are my beading and crafting goals for this 2012?

1) Learn to make Lampwork beads.

I have ALWAYS wanted to do this.  But to tell you the truth, I was a bit afraid that I might burn myself.  I am the kind of person who needs to touch everything and I was afraid that I might do that with this craft.

I also saw a lady in EPCOT making some wonderful beads and I decided I HAD to confront my fears.

20111212_11

I did some research, and found a class close to home.  On February 25, I will be having my first class.  I am sure I will be hooked and bring home some new tools.  I’ll keep you posted on that.  But for now, CHECK!

2) Create One (1) new Holiday Ornament Pattern each month.  They may not all be ornament covers.  Some may be flat, some may be dimensional.  But I am setting a goal to create one a month.  You will be happy to know that I have one ready to write the pattern, one in the beading stage and one on paper.  A pretty good start!

3) Learn at least one new stitch this year and create patterns in that stitch. 

I am still trying to decide if that stitch will be herringbone or RAW.  I may have to try both before I see which I like better and which stimulates my muse to design.  But I still have a bit of time for that.

4)  Spend more time on this blog.  I want to share my journey with you.  I want to share the things I learn and my experiences. So you will see me here once or twice a week.  That is my goal.

Oh, and one other thing I forgot to mention.  I have recently opened a “Collar Me Urs” on Artfire.  I am offering handmade, customized and personalized pet collars and patterns for pet collars there.  If your fur-baby needs some new bling, please feel free to drop by.

Hope you all have a great 2012. 

Blessings,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews