Monday, February 13, 2012

Why I don't have a "Bead Fairy"

It is not like I have not thought about it!  In fact, sometimes I think it would be great to have an extra pair of hands to stitch up some of the ideas that my muse is sending me.  But, I just know it would not work for me.

My muse likes to create as it goes.  Sometimes it send me a great idea, all ready to go.  And other times, I get the idea in bits and pieces.  Things happen one step at a time.  Just like my February ornament.

My muse sent me the idea for the band.  And I knew I would be adding fringe, but I did not know what it would be like.  I knew I wanted the fringe to echo the design of the band, but I was not sure how until I started.

I designed the band to honor the Iroquois Flag.  And I chose to stitch in 11/0 miyuki seed beads.  After the band was stitched, I ordered the flower beads that I would need to create the "trees" and the squares in the fringe. 

I already had the white bugle beads in my stash.  So, I set about to make the fringe.  Here are my first two rows.  Notice, I started with the "tree" row and started adding from there.

This is what the fringe looked like after about 2/3 had been done.
I have to admit, I didn't like it!  So, I tore it apart and .....

This is what it looks like now.

To date, the fringe is done, but that is as far as I have gotten.  Now I need to add the top. 
So, how can I send this off to someone else, when I am not even sure where I am going.

It will be a few more days till I have this pattern ready.  But I thought I would give you a sneak peak.

Blessings,
Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews