Thursday, February 2, 2012

Brain Storm

I have been spending a lot of time at my beading loom lately. 
Small Awareness Ribbon Collar  (top collar is peyote, bottom is loom)
As I said in my last post, I have been working on a collection of Awareness Ribbon Pet Collars.
  I want to be sure beaders who enjoy working in different techniques can enjoy the patterns.

Medium size 4-color Diamonds Collar (Top is peyote, Bottom is Loom)
Medium Awareness Ribbon Collars (top is peyote, bottom is loom)
So, I have been doing the pattern in small, medium & large sizes,

 and in Peyote/Brick stitch & LOOM stitch!
A fellow Loom Lover asked me recently how she could keep her loom work straight when she started. 
 Well, today, I had a brain storm! 

I had a few extra magnet strips laying on my beading table.
I decided to try putting one on the top of the threads and one under them.  And this is what happened.

It is doing a fantastic job keeping the beadwork straight as I work.

Feel free to adopt this idea to use in your own beadwork.  It sure is making my loom work even more fun!

Blessings,
Beth

3 comments:

  1. Love this idea Beth - i finished the breast cancer loom work last night, now to put it together. Love all your doggie creations, plus everything else. Luv Jax

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews