Friday, April 22, 2011

Peanut Butter Eggs

Yes, I did do some beading today.  But nothing “exciting”.  I have been remaking the piece that I had the accident with earlier this week.  The band is done, now I am attaching the backing.

To take a break, I decided to fulfill a promise to my family and revive an old tradition.  I made home-made peanut butter eggs.

002

Here is the gooey filling.  It is just cream cheese, butter, chunky peanut butter and powdered sugar.  Lots and lots of calories.  Luckily enough, my stand mixer is strong enough to blend all of that together.  Could you imagine mixing that by hand.

003

Cookie scoops are not just for cookies.  I use mine to portion cupcakes/muffins and also to portion out the filling for the peanut butter eggs.

010

The scooped portions get rolled into egg shapes and then they go into the freezer.  If I am in a hurry, they only need about two hours to freeze.  But I had time, so they stayed in the freezer over night.

012

This morning, I got out my chocolate melter and …. well you know what that does.

013

And with Tanner looking on anxiously, (the last thing I made was cookies for him) I began to dip the eggs. 

010

I took me just over an hour to dip all 56.  I started by dipping them from the end.  As you can see here, those are not as pretty.  But my daughter taste tested for me and said they still taste good.

Then I remembered to dip them from the top and they finished great.  Hope your weekend is a sweet as mine is going to be.  Give into a little temptation this weekend and enjoy.

Blessings,

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews