Friday, May 2, 2014

Spacing!

I know.... I have been gone for a long time.  I have to admit, I think I just got burned out on the blog thing. 

But now that I have had a break, I am back and I want to share some of the things that I have learned over the past year.

As many of you know, I have been doing A LOT of bead embroidery!!!
I have been making lots of earrings, both small and....

Large!

I also did a back-patch of my daughter's favorite Muppet character and attached it to the back of a denim jacket as a 21st birthday present for her.

 
I have been making medallions to match earrings.

And decorating baby shoes for 0-3 month olds.

But the biggest lesson I have learned is about SPACING!!!!

I must admit that I am a rather impatient person (no comments from family here!!!).  I want things done and done now.
I use stiff felt for my foundation.  I started gridding the felt after my second project, thinking it would help me with my spacing.  I was afraid that I would loose the pieces that I wanted to use as the focals if I did not glue them all at once, but I found that this was a mistake!!!  Spacing was super hard!!  Things just did not fit sometimes.  This cuff is a great example of that.  If you look closely at the photo, you will see where a large amount of beadwork has been ripped out!!! 
 
I learned that it is much better to glue pieces as you work!!!  It really saves the ripping!!
 
So, as I begin my next project, decorating a Liz Claiborne wallet to match these earrings,
 
I am gluing one focal piece at a time.

It does slow me down, but as yesterday showed (if you follow my Facebook Posts) getting distracted while glue dries is not always a bad thing.  I got something done that has been a UFO for a long time.
 


 

 
 
Hope you all have a great beady day!!  More posts to come!!  I promise! 
Hugs,
 Beth
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see the Liz piece...

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad your back. I've missed you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all of these, so awesome, you have been so busy, I am glad that you have your blog-groove back

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work. You are so creative.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews