Saturday, March 3, 2012

Saturday in the Studio

I had so much fun making beads last weekend, that I brought home the "beginner kit" from the beadshop.  And I spent the week trying to put together a space where I could work.

Sunday, I started cleaning my garage.  I wish I had taken a 'before' photo so I could show you what I started with.  But I didn't.  I was so focused on getting a well ventilated space that I just started cleaning and sorting stuff.

I took 6 large bags of kitchen stuff and old books to the local thrift shop.  And I filled 4 large bags of trash.  I also sorted out several large items to sell on Craigslist.  It was a very successful day.

Then, on Monday, I started looking for a table to put in the garage.  I was so lucky.  I stopped at Goodwill on my way home from the gym and found the perfect table for $20.  Now that I drive a pick-up, I had no trouble getting it home.

I spent the rest of the week putting together the odds and ends that I needed for my "glass studio" and looking forward to Saturday.

Today, I woke up excited and ready to work.

Here is the space that I set up:


I know, it looks a bit crowded.  But the stuff in the background is actually against the wall.
My bar stool sits behind the table and I have plenty of room to move and work.


This is the view from my side of the table.  My DH was concerned that I might be startled when I was working if someone opened the door behind me, so I made sure I was facing the door.


Here is the first bead that I made in my new 'studio'!!!!  Unfortunately, when I was taking it off the mandrel later in the day, it broke.  I am not sure that I like the bead release that came with the kit.  It gave me some other issues, so I plan to look for some of the release that I used in my class last week.


And this is the complete set of beads that I made on my 2 hour Saturday Studio time!!! 

I was pretty thrilled with the results.
I plan to order more mandrels this week and spend some more time in my studio next weekend.


Blessings,
Beth

1 comment:

  1. Time well spent, Beth. You will get to where taking them off the mandrel will get easier and easier.

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews